Are You a Good Candidate for Forehead Lift Surgery?
Forehead wrinkles, especially when they’re combined with a heavy, sagging brow, can cause a person to look perpetually tired, stern, and - unfortunately - aged. While some people may be content to live with signs of aging on the forehead, choosing to think of them as evidence of character and a life well-lived, others prefer to look as youthful and vibrant as they feel. Fortunately, facial cosmetic surgery offers such people an opportunity to do precisely that.
At The Center for Cosmetic Medicine, Dr. Stuart Baker uses the latest, most advanced techniques and technologies to perform minimally invasive forehead lift surgery, also known as brow lift surgery. The procedure can take years off of a person’s appearance, making him or her look refreshed, alert, and altogether rejuvenated. It is a safe, reliable procedure that produces exceptionally natural-looking results, especially when performed by an experienced plastic surgery with a finely tuned eye for aesthetics such as Dr. Baker.
Fortunately, most adults with signs of aging on the forehead are good candidates for the procedure. Nevertheless, Dr. Baker carefully evaluates forehead lift candidates during consultations at his Champaign, IL plastic surgery practice to make sure that they can safely undergo surgery and that they have reasonable expectations for their results.
Are you a good candidate for forehead surgery? To find out, please schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Baker at The Center for Cosmetic Medicine today.
Criteria for Being a Suitable Candidate for Forehead Lift Surgery
In order to be a suitable candidate for forehead lift surgery, you should:
- Have reasonably good skin elasticity
- Not be a smoker, or be willing to quit smoking, especially in the weeks leading up to your surgery and the months following your surgery
- Be in good enough health to undergo a major surgical procedure
- Have reasonable expectations for the outcome of the procedure (these will be established during your initial consultation)
- Be willing and able to follow all pre- and post-surgical instructions provided to you by Dr. Baker to the absolute letter
- Be willing and able to lead a healthy post-surgical lifestyle, including avoiding overexposure to the sun and overconsumption of alcohol, to prevent damage to your facial skin and jeopardizing the long-term results of your forehead lift
You should also be experiencing:
- Horizontal creases or furrows across your forehead
- Frown lines between your eyebrows or across the top of your nose
- Sagging upper eyebrows
- Heaviness of your forehead, so that it appears to be weighing heavily on your face
During your initial consultation with Dr. Baker, he will explain to you all of the risks associated with forehead lift. Although serious complications are extremely rare, you must be aware of and willing to accept all risks associated with the surgery in order to be considered a good candidate.
Find Out Whether You Are a Good Candidate for Forehead Lift Surgery
To discover whether you are a good candidate for forehead lift surgery, please contact The Center for Cosmetic Medicine today.